Religious painting of the Holy Child
The painting is a representation of the Divine Child as an invocation of his childhood. The original miraculous image, made of wax and built in the early Baroque style, is located on the most important altar in the Church of Santa María de la Victoria and San Antonio de Padua, which was handed over to the Order of the Barefoot Carmelites during the Thirty Years' War, consecrating itself to the Victorious Virgin from 1624 and becoming one of the largest pilgrimage centers in Europe.
With his right hand he blesses, while with his left he holds the globe with the cross to symbolize his mandate over the world. Above the head we see his great crown, a gift from Pope Benedict XVI on his visit in 2009. His sumptuous dress is striking and is commissioned by the Carmelite nuns to represent him as a real human being. It is covered by a richly decorated white linen tunic with embroidery, from which a cauldron red dress with golden motifs appears.
- Oil painting with final varnishing.
- Canvas arranged on a wooden frame.
- 60 x 50 centimeters | Vertical format.
- Sacred Art | Expressionism.